Friday, December 3, 2010

Mind of My Own with Frances England

I will freely admit that I enjoy listening to children's music with my kids.  There is nothing quite like hearing their little voices singing along with a favorite song, or watching them dance with complete abandon because of some silliness they are hearing in the lyrics.

Sometimes though I want something that isn't quite so much the screeching of "Wheels On The Bus" and more like the music I enjoy when there are no kids around.  That's why I like Frances England's Mind of My Own.  She has managed to combine a relaxing folksy sound with kid-approved lyrics.


Every time her song "Jacques Cousteau" comes on I find myself singing along and my daughter loves the title song "Mind of My Own".  After listening to her Family Tree and Fascinating Creatures albums online we have officially become Frances England fans. 
 
GET YOUR OWN: Head on over to Frances England's website to take a listen and purchase the physical CD or download from iTunes.

WIN YOUR OWN! One lucky SIMPLE reader will get their own copy of Frances England's Mind of My Own. To enter just tell us what kid (big or little) in your life that you think would get the most enjoyment from this CD.

Extra Entries: (leave a separate comment for each)
  • Follow Frances England on Facebook
  • Tweet this giveaway: Enter to win a Mind of My Own CD from @francesengland over at @simplereviews: http://tiny.cc/bsttt#giveaway

WINNER will be randomly selected and announced on December 11, 2010.

CARINNSIMPLESIGNATURE copy
*I was provided with the Frances England, Mind of My Own  free of charge to conduct this review.*
 

11 comments:

  1. I'm betting my 4 year old and 19 month old would LOVE this CD! We all love music and dancing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just "liked" Frances on Facebook too! Thanks for introducing me to yet another great artist!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I tweeted: Enter to win a Mind of My Own CD from @francesengland over at @simplereviews: http://tiny.cc/bsttt#giveaway

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think our 2 1/2 yr old would love this!
    brittanyvannoord@hotmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. fb fan of frances!
    brittanyvannoord@hotmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. I know that my 3 year old son will love this CD, as I already do.
    elena.cacahuete(at)gmail(dot)com

    ReplyDelete
  7. I follow Frances England on Facebook (Elena Shkinder-Gugel).
    elena.cacahuete(at)gmail(dot)com

    ReplyDelete
  8. tweet:
    https://twitter.com/spelena/status/13355978003054593
    elena.cacahuete(at)gmail(dot)com

    ReplyDelete
  9. my daughter would love this CD, she loves all kinds of music

    ReplyDelete